I spent a little bit of time thinking about the topic of forgiveness. As many can agree, it is one of those topics that is easier said or discussed, but harder to implement and follow through with. Here are a few thoughts that came to mind on this topic:
- Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could be any different. You have to give up that story because you don’t know that to be true – Oprah’s Lifeclass
- Forgiveness is much more for you than it is for the other person.
- Forgiving is an action that requires a strong person to initiate and act on.
- Don’t wait for forgiveness as it may never come. Forgive yourself and move on.
- While forgiving may not change the past, it can change your future.
Hypothetically speaking, let’s say you’ve forgiven someone. What does that look like? How does that feel? What does it mean to forgive someone? How do you know when you’ve forgiven someone?